1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Soy milk. Lately we’ve been buying
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Spinach-mushroom crepes from 30-Minute Vegan. And some other stuff too, but right now I’m just eating ramen noodles and sorbet.
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Salt and melted Earth Balance.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
I tried this sweet-and-sour winter squash once. It smelled like ass and didn’t taste much better. Thanks, New York Times.
5. Favorite pickled item?
6. How do you organize your recipes?
My mom put a bunch in a book for me. And Red and I have a big recipe binder. There are some duplicates. Oh, and there are cookbooks.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
Veggie pizza, apples, and chocolate.
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Making garlicky alphabet pretzels with my mom.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Any kind of sorbet. I’m on a mango kick right now.
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
Electric chopper! Take that, onions!
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Salt. I’m so lame.
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
Probably this vegetarian cookbook (heavy on the eggs and cheese) from Tuesday Morning. It has pretty pictures.
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Chickpeas Romesco from Veganomicon. With a side of saffron-almond rice or quinoa. Never fails.
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Extra-firm tofu. I like Trader Joe’s because you get 19 ounces instead of the normal 16, and I’m cheap like that.
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Weekends, I guess. No need to rush.
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
Lunch boxes, chips…I know there’s a lot more stuff up there, but I have no energy to go check.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Frozen pepper strips, ice cream, coffee.
20. What’s on your grocery list?
I think we need jam.
21. Favorite grocery store?
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
Macaroni and cheese. I have issues with nutritional yeast.
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa’s because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
I really don’t…oh, yes. Voracious Vegan. Otherwise, I try not to ogle food blogs too much. I have too many recipes, and I get camera envy.
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Theo dark chocolate. I kept going back for more samples at last year’s Green Fest.
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
Spinach from the farmer’s market. Whoo, it was good.
26. Ingredients you are scared to work with?